At Corridor Mortgage Group our goal is to make the entire loan process as smooth and efficient as possible.
Completing a loan application is just the first step in the loan process. To help you stay informed, we have outlined the basic steps of the loan process for your convenience.
- It’s time to do some homework and gather the information included in the application checklist.
- Apply for a loan by contacting your Corridor Mortgage Group Loan Originator with either a appointment, phone interview, or an online application.
- Collect and submit all additional documentation needed and submit them to the mortgage analyst assigned to you or your loan originator.
- Don’t apply for any new credit, or close existing accounts for this may affect your credit scores. Don’t close any asset accounts, and don’t make any “cash” deposits.
- If you change jobs during the process, first check with your loan originator and see if this will impact your mortgage application.
- Appraisals, credit report, and verifications of credit employment and assets are completed.
- Documentation is compiled by the mortgage analyst and submitted to and underwriter for a credit decision.
- Conditions are gathered and the closing process begins.